Peace Corps Nigeria Alumni Foundation is pleased to offer scholarships for Nigerian Women to pursue undergraduate degree programme. The scholarship program was created in an effort to help ease the financial burden of students with outstanding academic and leadership potential that are facing difficulties securing the funds needed to complete their undergraduate studies because they have an international student visa and cannot seek outside employment to finance their education.
Application Deadline: 28th April, 2017
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
To be taken at USA
Eligible Field of Study: Scholarships are offered in diverse fields to help students in upgrading education.
Applicants must have an overall grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements to be able to study there.
Offered Since: 2003
Eligibility: Any female college student of Nigerian heritage is eligible to apply for a PCNAF Scholarship if she:
- Has an international student visa (F1)
- Is enrolled as a full time student at a participating institution
- Will begin her junior or senior year at the university in the fall of 2017, or will complete community college and enter a participating university as a full time student in the fall of 2017
- Has an overall grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Has a documented need for financial assistance
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have an overall grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English Language/other Language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Get Free Blog Post Updates!
Number of Scholarships: Two (2)
Value of Scholarship: PCNAF will award two $2000 scholarships to promising female college students.
How to Apply
Application packages must include a completed scholarship application, an official academic transcript (most recent), the Financial Aid Worksheet, copy of the international student visa, a letter of recommendation from a faculty member, a letter of recommendation from someone outside the educational institution, and responses (150- 200 words) to each of the three essay questions. All application materials must be received by April 29, 2016
Application packages must include:
- a completed scholarship application,
- an official academic transcript (most recent)
- the Financial Aid Worksheet
- copy of the international student visa
- a letter of recommendation from a faculty member
- a letter of recommendation from someone outside the educational institution
- responses (150- 200 words) to each of the three essay questions
To complete the form and other details Click HERE
Follow me on Twitter via this link: @unilaglead; Like us on Facebook via this link: @unilagadmissionlead; Send in your question(s) in the comment section just below this post we would respond asap.You can also chat me up live on Whatsapp or Telegram: 0809 832 1352